Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today's economy. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
Want information on certification? Use the links below for helpful information:
Or contact INSHRM Certification Director, Jeff Lesser at [email protected].
INSHRM CERTIFICATION STUDY GROUPS
- INSHRM coordinates a local study group for those interested in taking the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
- There are two study group sessions per year (spring and fall). Each study group session is nine (9) weeks long. The spring study group session is held from March through April. The fall study group session is held from mid-September through November.
- There is no cost for the study group; however, participants are highly encouraged to purchase the SHRM Learning System through the local study group, as the study group is based around these modules. Normally, the cost of the SHRM Learning System for SHRM members is $850.00 plus tax and shipping. Participants of the INSHRM study group can purchase the SHRM
- Learning system at significant discount of approximately $535.00 plus tax and shipping.
- Study group sessions include a review and discussion of the SHRM Learning System modules, provide you with general information about the exam, various ways to prepare for the exam, what to expect, practice exams, useful websites/tools, etc.
- Study group sessions are held on Tuesdays from 5:30PM-7:00PM. Participants come to each meeting prepared, having read and studied the material to be discussed beforehand.
SHRM CERTIFICATION STUDY SESSION – Spring 2021 TESTING WINDOW
- We are offering another study group session for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP spring testing window (May 1, 2021 – July 15, 2021). The start date for the study group is Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021. The sessions will be weekly on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. through April 27th, 2021. This session will be held virtually.
- One of the advantages of participating in the INSHRM study group is the opportunity to purchase the SHRM Learning system at a significant discount. If you purchased the SHRM Learning System on your own as a SHRM member, it would cost approximately $850.00 plus shipping/tax. INSHRM chapter members who participate in the study group can purchase the SHRM Learning System for approximately $535 with the stipulation that you must attend at least half of the classes.
- The SHRM Learning System includes a paper set that covers the 15 functional areas plus full online access to the system for practice test taking, online experts, e-reader download of the full text, etc.
- If you are interested in the spring study session, please contact Jeff Lesser at [email protected]and use the subject line “SHRM certification study group”.
INSHRM CERTIFICATION SCHOLARSHIP
INSHRM is accepting applications for individuals who are seeking their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification prior to the Spring 2021 study session. The Application window will be from January 18th, 2021 – February 19th, 2021.
- Only current INSHRM members, with a valid SHRM ID as of January 1, 2021 will be eligible for this award. INSHRM will award two (2) scholarships for the SHRM Learning System and reimbursement for testing fees with a successful certified pass. INSHRM will also be awarding (1) Student scholarship. To apply, please click here
- In addition to the INSHRM scholarship, the SHRM Foundation has scholarships available to assist the HR professional in obtain their SHRM certification as well. SHRM members may apply for this $750 award to support their pursuit of professional SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Application deadline is February 10th, 2021. Click hereto review available SHRM Foundation Scholarships.
If you have questions about certification, re-certification, or if you are interested in participating in a study group session, please contact our Certification Director, Jeff Lesser at [email protected].